Three things that happened in the last week that sucked
- My dog and I both had stomach flu within 24 hours of each other. I don’t even want to talk about it.
- I went live with a huge client project that’s bigger than anything I’ve ever made before, and the anxiety…oh, the anxiety! Potential security issues, potential support issues, potential issues with users emailing me like “I actually hate everything you’ve done here.” In fact, I’m not entirely convinced that my stomach flu wasn’t partially anxiety-induced.
- While walking my dog on morning, I got locked out of my apartment for 45 minutes in sub-zero temperatures. And I had to pee. Really badly. I knocked on the gate for awhile, and then I cried. Then my face was chapped for the rest of the week from being moist in the cold.
Six things that happened this week that ruled
- I made a lot of progress on a Bootstrap project, which is my first non-work-related endeavor at responsive design. And I kind of love it. I’m trying not to use it as a crutch, and also trying not to revert to a tables-like mentality when using it, but it’s been fun.
- More responsibility at work. To me, this means that people like what I’m doing, and they’re asking me to do more of it.
- The second annual Superbowl party is on, and I’m in full-on Martha Stewart mode. Which you know I secretly love.
- I made a dentist appointment. Because my teeth are important to me.
- My taxes are 75% done.
- I got my Ipsy GlamBag. Ipsy works like Birchbox, without the ten-week waiting period for an invite. I’m trying to do better at makeup, and this has been a fun way to try new products. Also, this month’s bag came with nail polish, which you guys know I love.
Stuff I loved on the ‘net this week